Specialty Horizontal Drilling
From a team of experienced professionals.
Guardrail & Railing
We offer custom guardrails and handrails with services extending from highway fencing, welding services, and barriers.
Our SD DOT certified erosion control experts offer all temporary and permanent erosion control measures.
We perform structure work and repairs ranging from bridge repair, structure rehab, and retaining walls.
We also install signage varying from permanent highway signs and light and sign foundation structures.
Grading & Sitework
We offer expert grading that includes slope flattening, ditch shaping, safety improvement, and pipe.
Although we're known as a highway construction company, we deliver professional development with experienced individuals to handle project management and supervision.
We also offer both commercial and residential snow removal in the Dell Rapids area.
Location: U.S. 14 (6th Street) from 20th Avenue through 34th Avenue in Brookings
BX Civil & Construction is the Prime Contractor working on the Brookings 6th Street project. The total cost of the project is $17 million and is contracted through the Department of Transportation and the City of Brookings. Construction started in March 2017 and is scheduled for overall completion by June 30, 2018.
More than 70,000 square yards of new concrete paving will occur during the project with additional 6,000 cubic yards of concrete used in other areas like curb and gutters and sidewalks.
Nearly 95 percent of the $17 million dollars being invested in the contract will be spent on companies located within 60 miles of Brookings. The project includes between 30 to 50 employees on any given day.
- Prime Contractor is Central Specialties from Alexandria, MN
- DOT designed project to be completed over two years and Central Specialties completed all the paving in approximately 11 weeks.
- Overall project was over $20 million
- BX-CC’s subcontract Included:
- Guardrail, Grading, and Erosion Control work
- Estimated 13,000 labor hours for BX-CC items
- BX-CC staffed approximately 15-20 employees on the project every working day during the paving operation
- BX-CC installed 29,000+ feet of new high-tension cable guardrail systems