Location: U.S. 14 (6th Street) from 20th Avenue through 34th Avenue in Brookings
BX Civil & Construction is the Prime Contractor working on the Brookings 6th Street project. The total cost of the project is $17 million and is contracted through the Department of Transportation and the City of Brookings. Construction started in March 2017 and is scheduled for overall completion by June 30, 2018.
More than 70,000 square yards of new concrete paving will occur during the project with additional 6,000 cubic yards of concrete used in other areas like curb and gutters and sidewalks.
Nearly 95 percent of the $17 million dollars being invested in the contract will be spent on companies located within 60 miles of Brookings. The project includes between 30 to 50 employees on any given day.
- Prime Contractor is Central Specialties from Alexandria, MN
- DOT designed project to be completed over two years and Central Specialties completed all the paving in approximately 11 weeks.
- Overall project was over $20 million
- BX-CC’s subcontract Included:
- Guardrail, Grading, and Erosion Control work
- Estimated 13,000 labor hours for BX-CC items
- BX-CC staffed approximately 15-20 employees on the project every working day during the paving operation
- BX-CC installed 29,000+ feet of new high-tension cable guardrail systems